Sunday, April 25, 2010

PICTURE SHOW: Tord Boontje's Moleskin

I love Tord Boontje's whimsical paper cutouts. They are fascinatingly intricate. He's a hotshot in contemporary design, and I am completely taken by all his works, from the paper light fixtures I always see at the MoMA store to his crystal pieces for Swarovski. I'm especially drawn to how his designs are so seemingly delicate, and his thoroughly modern and seemingly simple/minimalist aesthetic. That, and he's from the Netherlands but based in London; I want to be him.

Boontje was part of Moleskin's Detour project, which features video bits showing inspirational notebooks filled in with sketches and ideas by ├╝ber cool artists and designers from New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Istanbul, and Tokyo. Take a peek into Boontje's world and creative mind below.

So pretty it kind of blew my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers